Before shopping for natural skin care products, it is important to know the exact problem you are trying to address with these products to ensure you get exactly what you need. Dry skin is one of the leading reasons people use moisturizers and hydrators, so we are going to take a quick look at some of the causes of this condition.
Common Causes of Dry Skin
• Excessive Sun Exposure – sun bathing is a very popular thing to do in the summer, but it can take its toll on your skin. If you do not take the proper precautions, that beautiful tan at 25 will have some rather harsh effects on your skin as you get older. The UV rays of the sun penetrate far deeper than just the top layer of skin, resulting in premature aging, wrinkling, and “saggy” skin.
• Dry Heat – if you spend a lot of time around hot ovens, fireplaces, and space heaters, the conditions are probably very dry. Consider using a humidifier to add moisture to the air to counter the dry air.
• Extreme Weather – we recently wrote a post about the dangers of winter weather, which can be windy and dry, but you also need to be concerned with the weather in areas lacking in humidity, such as the desert. High temperatures and low humidity will dry out your skin, but this can be addressed with rejuvenators, moisturizers, and hydration products.
• Cleaning Products – this applies to products you put on your skin as well as products you use to clean your clothing and home. Cleaning detergents can be harsh and strip your skin of moisture. In addition, many popular soaps and shampoos can dry out your skin.
• Hot Water – is there anything better on a chilly morning than a nice, hot shower? It may feel good at the time, but prolonged exposure to hot water is very damaging to skin.
• Pool Water – swimming is a great way to get relief during the summer, but pool water that is heavily chlorinated will make you look more like a crocodile than a supermodel.
• Eczema – this is a medical condition causing dry, irritated skin. This condition is actually more common in children than adults, and luckily, most of the children will eventually grow out of it.
If you are suffering from dry skin, you may want to try our All Natural Ceramide Infused Moisturizer. For more information about this product or to place your order, please click here.